Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Perfect Job


How do you know what you want be when you grow? Everybody I know seems to know what they want in life, and where they want to work, but myself!
I studied English Literature, because I love to read, its one of my hobbies, but that doesn't give me much options for work, except a few: Translator? Editor? Writer? Could be a teacher?
That's when I became brave enough and listened to my parents, and applied for a job in a Bank.
Everything seemed perfect in the beginning, a very friendly environment, good people, good bank, i knew some old Friends and cousins, PERFECT..Until my Boss thought i was somehow her assistant or cleaner!
So here's the story, I was given a job as a "Procedure Writer" in which i had to write bank procedures for the bank and edit old ones, or write new ones. Instead for several months I was given the task to clean a full cabinet of old papers.. shred them.. or put them into files. When that task was done I had to label those files and put the procedures in a yearly file order..God what kind of job is that?! Anyways, later on i found out that my boss didn't have a clue what she was doing with her job, and she was supposedly a "Project Manager", everyone hated her, they even hated our department because we interfered with their jobs to get information, or to try to change their everyday tasks..Finally I got to write "1" procedure but i had a hard time doing it, and many Managers helped me write it down since i had no clue about banking or to be more precise "Guarantees", but my manager didn't even help me to write it down, instead she kept asking me when will it be done;/
That's just part of the bad news in my department, there were other stories going on.. So, one day I had the courage to give her my resignation and I decided I wanted to teach, even though i was sad to leave all those Friends i made. Lucky me, the bank didn't let me go and offered me another department to work at but with the same job. I took it! And six months later I gave them my resignation again, I just felt that Banking wasn't my dream job..So tell me how do you know what "YOU" want to be?
xoxo-N

2 comments:

  1. Banking maybe aint your job, but banking misses you along with your post-it notes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Mo..:)
    I miss it too, and by "It" I mean my freinds and cousins :p

    ReplyDelete